With the tire being the major component on which the car relies to move, they are the most essential parts of the vehicle. After driving for a few hundred miles, even the best quality tires begin to wear off gradually, thus impacting the car’s performance and its safety. Most often or not, tires are the most overlooked component of all vehicles.
Despite being the owner of the modish car in the world, it doesn’t mean anything, unless you have the finest quality tires. Here is a guide into what leads to tire damage and when should you be booking the tire change services (ร้านเปลี่ยนยาง, which is the term in Thai)
Nothing can determine the lifespan of a tire, The mileage, as well as the life-cycle of the tire, is based on an assortment of points like the tire design, the habits of a driver, the weather, the condition of the road, and the effort that goes into the tire for maintenance.
A Few Kilometers and Tips
5 Years Must Be Kept in Mind
Post five or more years of use, the tires must undergo a rigorous inspection every year by an expert.
10 Years is A Maximum
If your tires haven’t undergone a replacement in a decade after their manufacturing date, as a precautionary measure, the professionals recommend replacing the tires with new ones. Even if they seem to be in a good condition and haven’t been brought down to the tread wear indicator. This applies to the spare tires also.
Good Care Can Prolong The Lifespan of a Tire
If you put good efforts into the air pressure of your tires, followed by its alignment or tread wear, then the longevity of the tire can easily be prolonged.
How Are Tires Damaged?
- The Physical Factors
- Wear-and-tear, Damage
Condition of the Road
Speed bumps, sharp objects, kerbs, obstacles, potholes.
- Extreme climatic conditions
- Ice, snow, rain
- Grease, oil followed by other chemicals
- Harsh sunlight
- Rash driving
- Emergency brakes
- Taking the car on broken roads
- Not taking notice of vibration, noise, or handling
- Not consulting a professional at times of changes in the car.
- Using the tires meant for summer on ice and snow.
- Mixing the types of tires
- Using incompatible rim size and wheel.
- Getting tires fitted that don’t have a capability for speed.
- Tire re-inflation that under-inflated or is run flat.
- Using different sized spare tire at speeds beyond 50mph
When Do You Need To Change Your Tires?
The tire change services are recommended if:
- The tread is worn out beyond the suggested depth levels of the tread.
- The sidewalls aren’t in a good condition,
- The tread contains holes that are larger than 6mm in diameter.
- The bead is either deformed or damaged.
In case of any deformity or changes in the tire, you must always seek consultation with the professional. Always keep a strict check on your tires and look for disturbances and vibrations when you are driving. To have the problem identified professionally, always take consultations from the experts.